Closed on Friday, 7th May at 23:59 This offline will close on Friday, 7th May at 23:59
We'll be in touch when the offline is over if you are a winner.
WIN £5,000 with STV!
Fancy some money? Moo-oolah? Wads? Stacks? Course you do! We’re giving away a huge £5000! That’s no handful of change let me tell you.
Entering couldn’t be simpler. If you want to be in with a chance to win an incredible five grand it’s easy – enter the Prize Draw by :
Text: Text CASH to 84915 Texts cost £1.50 +1 standard network rate message, Must have the bill payers permission To decline marketing texts, reply to confirmation message with ‘NOINFO’
Post: Pop you name and address on the back of a postcard and send it to: WIN 80900, STV Competitions, Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1PQ
Get a little bit more with STV.
Specific Terms and Conditions
• 3 for 2 Text Offers: This competition includes STV’s 3 for 2 offer where every 2nd paid-for SMS text entry will generate automatically a 3rd SMS text entry for free. The free text is included in the maximum number of entries.
• Marketing texts: By entering the competition STV will send marketing texts to you. If you don’t want to receive marketing texts about STV’s similar products and services please respond with “NOINFO” to our text acknowledgement of your entry.
• Please note that envelopes will not be opened. Envelopes with no entry details visible on the outside will be destroyed and will not be entered.
• Privacy: Remember to keep your personal information safe and don’t include your telephone number of your email address. We will write to you if you have won and ask you to contact us.
Winner selection & contact:
• The prize draw will take place within 2 weeks of the “closing date” and time for all entry routes.
• The first qualifying entry drawn at random from all eligible entries will win the prize.
Additional Competition Rules:
• Entrants must be 18 or over
• Competition Period: starts 5am on Friday 23rd April 2021 to Midnight on Friday 7th May 2021 (+ 3 days for postal entries to 10th May 2021)
• Maximum No. of Entries: up to 15 entries can be made for each entry method (per mobile phone or per address). For text, that means up to a maximum of 10 paid for entries and 5 free entries will be included.
Terms and Conditions Apply. For full Competition Terms and PSA Terms are available here
Full terms and conditions:
• These premium rate competition terms and conditions (“PRS T&Cs)” should be read together with STV’s standard Competition, Prize Draw and Voting Terms and Conditions which apply to all competitions, prize draws and voting (collectively referred to as “competitions”) and any additional competition terms (“Rules”) which are specific to the competition which are promoted on various media platforms and published on STV’s competition webpages at stv.tv/win. Competition promotional material and published terms and conditions are collectively referred to in the PRS T&Cs as “Promotional Material”.
• These PRS T&Cs apply competitions where participation is available through a premium rate service such as mobile phone or digital App (each a “PRS Competition”). Participants will be charged a premium rate cost to enter a PRS Competition unless otherwise expressly stated in the Promotional Material.
• By entering a PRS Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules.
• Each PRS Competition will have additional terms which are specific to that competition only and these will be set out in the Promotional Material. In the event of any conflicting competition terms, the terms in the Rules will prevail.
How to Enter
• Instruction on how to enter each PRS Competition will be published in the Promotional Material which will also include the specific cost to enter by premium rate along with prize details and all significant conditions that apply.
• You may only enter a PRS Competition after the opening time and before the closing time (“Competition Period”) will be set out in the Promotional Material. There may be different closing periods where alternative routes of entry are included. For example, where a free postal route of entry is an option then the closing date for postal entries will include 3 additional days to allow for postage and necessary to comply with legal obligations. The postal closing dates do not apply for PRS entry.
• The available entry routes for each PRS Competition will be set out in the Promotional Material and will include (but not necessarily all of) the following information:
Text SMS Entry: To enter by SMS, you must text one or more unique key word(s) to a unique short code which will be set out in the Promotional Material (e.g. for example and illustration purposes only, the promotion might say text “CASH” to “84915”). We will send a text acknowledgement of your entry which is the point at which you will be charged the premium rate cost set out in the Promotional Material. You will be charged at the standard rate for your network operator and we advise you to check with your network operator for details before you submit your entry. In the event that we are unable to send an acknowledgement text within the Competition Period, for example because you have insufficient funds, credit or capacity on your phone, then your entry will not be accepted.
• STV may set a maximum limit to cap the number of PRS Competition entries. Details of all limitations and restrictive conditions will be included in the Promotional Material together with the cost to enter. In the event that STV promotes a 3 for 2 offer within the Promotional Material, the maximum number of entries will include any additional free entry.
• Should you send additional entries which exceed the permitted limit then your entry will not be counted but you will be charged by your network operator at your standard message rate. You will not however be charged at the premium rate.
• In the event of a technical issue where our cap functionality fails to stop additional entries being included in the winner selection process, any additional entries that are included will be charged the premium rate (in addition to your standard message rate) and your additional entries will be included within the winner selection process.
• Text entries sent outside the Competition Period will not be counted. STV has made arrangements to ensure you will not be charged by us for the premium rate cost outside of the Competition Period. You will still be charged by your network operator for the standard rate cost for sending a text entry outside of the Competition Period. Please contact your network provider or contact STV by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have been charged outside the Competition Period.
• Where STV engage its 3 for 2 offer, an additional 3rd text entry will be triggered on every 2nd paid for entry.
• STV reserves the right to reject entries if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent bulk entries have been made (i.e. where software or other devices are used to make automated multiple entries which exceeds the number an individual could make manually). STV also reserves the right to disqualify entrants or award the prize to another winner if we discover that an entrant has intentionally evaded applicable charges upon entry.
• STV is not responsible for and cannot guarantee entry in the event that there are circumstances outside its control. Under no circumstances will STV refund any valid PRS Competition entry or SMS text sent with the wrong identifier to the wrong short code. If you believe you are entitled to a refund please contact us at email@example.com.
• You must get permission from the bill payer before making an entry if you are not the bill payer.
• Where circumstances are outside the control of STV, for example technical failure, you may not be able to register your entry. In these circumstances STV is not liable to entrants who are unable to register an entry for such reasons.
• When you enter a competition you are agreeing to STV starting the interactive premium rate service immediately and any rights you may have to withdraw from or cancel your purchase (payment to enter the competition) (including but not limited to under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013) will be lost because the performance of our services is simultaneous or begins immediately once your purchase is completed.
Winner Selection, Notification and Delivery
• Winners will be selected at random by a computer process that produces verifiably random results from all the entries, usually within 14 days of the PRS Competition closing date.
• STV will notify the winner by the contact details available within 30 days of the PRS Competition closing date (“Notification Date”).
• The winner must accept the prize within 14 days of the notification date. In the event the winner does not respond or rejects the prize then the winner selection process will be repeated, and a new winner will be selected at STV’s sole discretion.
• STV may require evidence to demonstrate that the entry criteria is met therefore you may be asked to send proof, for example, of age or residency. Failure to provide the information within 20 days of request or if STV has any doubts about validity or authenticity of the evidence your entry may be rejected and STV may select another winner. STV’s decision is final and no further communication will be entered into.
• The prize will not be delivered to any address outside the UK (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
** Sending Text Marketing Communications**
• You will be notified within the Promotional Material whether STV intend to send marketing communications to you by text. For example, to promote a 3for2 entry offer (where a 3rd free text entry is available with every 2nd text entry) and promotions about other STV Competitions that you may be interested in.
• If you do not wish to receive marketing information you can opt out of marketing text messages by replying to the confirmation message which will acknowledge your entry with the word “NOINFO”. You can unsubscribe from the STV SMS database at any time by sending “NOINFO” to 84915 or in reply to any marketing text sent by STV. You will not be charged for this message.
** Privacy Information**
• STV will only use personal data relating to entrants in accordance with current UK data protection privacy laws and best practice. Please see STV Central Limited’s Privacy Notice for full details. The Privacy Notice provides full detail on how STV process personal data together with your rights in addition to the additional privacy information below.
• With regard to processing your personal data for competition and marketing purposes using premium rate text services, STV process your contact data and competition data to:
(i) Operate competitions. The processing of personal data is necessary to enable entry and winner selection and the legal basis we rely on is contractual; (ii) send service and regulatory texts and to deal with enquiries. The processing of personal data is necessary contact you to acknowledge entry and notify competition winners and to send essential information which is necessary to comply with contractual and legal obligations; and (iii) send you direct marketing communications. The processing of personal data is necessary to send texts for STV’s legitimate interest of promoting our products and services to encourage engagement and generate revenue to operate the services. STV’s marketing promotions include free entry offers, such as 2 entries for the price of 3, and texts about other competitions that STV believe may be of interest to you.
• You have a right to stop direct marketing communications by text at any time and you can do that by sending a text with the word NOINFO to 84915. STV will include information about how to opt-out within every marketing text to remind you about your rights.
• For PRS Competitions, your contact data and competition data are processed on STV’s behalf by Open Mobile Global and Fonix who are organisations regulated by the Phone-Paid Services Authority (“PSA”) to provide STV’s “text to win” premium rate services and they also provide STV;s automated winner selection services. Your personal information is not processed outside the UK and it only retained for as long as necessary. Contact data and competition text data is retained by STV for a period of 2 years in accordance with the PSA Code of Practice. STV also keep details of your competition activity for 2 years and payment records are retained for a period of 7 years.
Liability and Jurisdiction
• STV and its sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or any other problem in any mobile network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in an entry not being received properly or lost. To the fullest extent permitted by law, STV hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the PRS Competition.
• STV reserves the right to amend these PRS T&Cs or to cancel a PRS Competition without prior notice in the event of human error or circumstances beyond STV’s reasonable control. STV will include a notice on its competition webpage, STV.STV/Win to notify competition participants about any changes to the PRS T&Cs. Please check the PRS T&Cs each time you wish to enter a competition.
• These PRS T&Cs (and any matter or dispute of whatever nature connected to the competition) shall be governed and construed in accordance with Scots Law and the Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
• You can contact STV if you have any premium rate related queries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to 0141 300 3704 to the STV helpline which is open from 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday or you can write to STV at: STV Central Limited, PRS Competitions, Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1 PQ.
You entered this offline on
Sorry, this competition expired on Friday, 7th May at 23:59.
(It only takes a minute, and you'll be returned to this page once you're finished.)
Please note: You must be over 18 to enter this competition.
We've sent you details on how to reset your password
Please check your email and follow the instructions.
Based on the date of birth you provided when you created your STV account, you are ineligible to enter.
We've sent you details on how to reset your password
Please check your email and follow the instructions.
Have you forgotten the email address that you previously joined with? Don't worry, by emailing email@example.com we can help.
Please verify your STV account using the email we sent you. If you have lost the email, we can send you another one, just click the button below.
We've sent you a new verification email.
Please check your email and follow the instructions to verify your account.